Saturday 28th March 2020
10.00 – 3.00
|plus £1 temporary membership for non-members|
Fee includes materials
Bend and weave willow to make a free-standing obelisk to support climbing plants such sweet peas or runner beans, or a smaller structure for tall plants such as Michaelmas daises to grow through.
What experience do I need?
Suitable for those new to willow weaving and those with some experience.
What will I learn?
• The characteristics of willow as a material for sculpture
• Weaving and bending techniques to make two small items as an introduction
• Brief discussion of weaving options and structure design
• How to make a 3D structure of your own design for your garden
• Advice available on living willow structures
What do I need to bring?
• A pair of secateurs
• Work gloves if preferred
• A suitable vehicle to transport your masterpiece home
• Creative enthusiasm!
• A packed lunch – facilities for making hot drinks are available for a small charge.