Saturday 18 March
10.00 - 3.00
|plus £1 temporary membership for non-members|
Fee includes materials
Please enrol by 5 March.
Bend and weave willow to make a free-standing obelisk to support climbing plants such sweet peas or runner beans, or a smaller structure for tall plants such as Michaelmas daises to grow through.
This workshop is a perfect present for a crafty Mum (Mothering Sunday is 26 March) - more creative than a bunch of flowers and healthier than chocolate!!
What experience do I need?
Suitable for those new to willow weaving and those with some experience.
What will I learn?
• The characteristics of willow as a material for sculpture
• Weaving and bending techniques to make two small items as an introduction
• Brief discussion of weaving options and structure design
• How to make a 3D structure of your own design for your garden
• Advice available on living willow structures
What do I need to bring?
• A pair of secateurs
• Work gloves if preferred
• A suitable vehicle to transport your masterpiece home
• Creative enthusiasm!
• A packed lunch - facilities for making hot drinks are available for a small charge.
Halloween Lanterns for Children/Families
Make a spooky lantern to light up Halloween, using tissue paper over a willow frame. All materials provided. For children aged 5 and over, but under-10s must have an adult with them.
Fee is per child, accompanying adults free!
Please enrol by 2 October.
Sunday 15 October
1.30 - 3.30
plus £1 temporary membership for non-members